As time flies and so the formats have changed from records to tapes to CDs to MP3s to streaming, few things in the music world have remained constant. It’s somewhat surprising how relevant the radio remains, especially considering the wealth of other ways we have to consume music. But a hit can still make a career, and radio stations still get better access to artists than almost any other media outlets. Even some of the biggest technological shifts, like Apple Music, are still channeling the spirit and figures rooted in radio.
And likewise my earliest experiences with music came from the radio. Be it pop, hip-hop, or rock, memories can be traced back to car rides with our families, fighting with siblings over control of the dial.
Alternative Songs, commonly known as Alternative is a music chart from USA appeared firstly in 1988 on Billboard Magazine. This Chart includes most played songs on modern rock radio stations.
Considering the importance of this category of songs, i have gathered the list which consists of top-notch songs only.
1. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
2. Mr. Brightside - The Killers
3. In the End - Linkin Park
4. Whatever It Takes - Imagine Dragons
5. Mysterious Ways - U2
6. Wonderwall - Oasis
7. The Kill - Thirty Seconds to Mars
8. Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
9. Creep - Radiohead
10. Zombie - The Cranberries
11. Everlong - Foo Fighters
12. Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers
13. Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People
14. The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
15. Tell Me I'm A Wreck - Every Avenue
Think I missed out on your favourite songs? Mention them in comments below.